A remarkable career without compromise starts here
At Grant Thornton, we see the world a little differently - not for how things are, but for how they could be. And when it comes to people, we see you differently too. As resourceful humans - with near limitless potential to unlock and harness.
Every day we reach for remarkable - in the opportunities we unlock, the experience we share and the results we deliver. But unleashing the remarkable in each of us takes CARE, that connects our passion with the purpose we live by. It's why we go beyond in the way we care for our people, clients and communities, and support them to thrive, always.
Graduate and Vacationer Programs with a difference
Life's too short for a cookie-cutter career that treats you like another cog in the machine. So from the get-go, when you join us, you'll quickly discover that our approach to our Graduate and Vacationer programs will challenge your curiosity and fuel your passion and ambition, empowering you to build a one-of-a-kind career path.
More than that, as leaders in accounting, tax and advisory services, we're committed to setting you up for success through our remarkable support network within a globally integrated firm filled with possibilities. With six offices across Australia and partner firms in more than 135 countries, wherever you want to go, we can take you there.
- Get to know us
- Do your research - explore who we are, our available programs, as well as our purpose, vision and values.
- Decide which Service Line you wish to apply for.
- Ensure you are eligible to apply.
More information about each of our Service Line teams and our program eligibility can be found here: https://www.grantthornton.com.au/careers/student-opportunities
- Apply online
- Apply directly via GradConnection or our website.
- Make sure you have a copy of your CV and most recent Academic Transcript ready to upload. Your CV should include details about your work experience, educate and any extra-curricular/community activities you have been involved in.
- You are not required to submit a cover letter, but are welcome to do so.
- Online assessment - the Grant Thornton Strengths Assessment
Once we have reviewed your application for eligibility, you will be invited to complete the Grant Thornton Strength Assessment.
- The online assessment evaluates both cognitive ability and behavioural strengths.
- It will take you approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.
- You will receive a tailored feedback report within 24-48 hours of completing your assessment.
Please note: you can only undertake the online assessment once every 12 months. If you have recently applied and completed the online assessment for another application, your existing results will be used for the purpose of assessing your current application.
- Video interview
Once you have completed the online assessment, a member of our Early Careers team will review your results. If selected to progress, you will be invited to complete a video interview.
- The video interview provides you with the opportunity to tell us a little more about yourself.
- You will be asked one (1) warm up question and three (3) assessable questions. In each assessable question, we will be looking to evaluate your communication skills, answer structure and the quality of your response.
- It will take you approximately 10-15 minutes to complete
Please note: you can only undertake the video interview once. If you have recently applied and completed a video interview for another application, your existing submission will be used for the purpose of assessing your current application.
- Attend an assessment centre and/or interview
If you are successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre and/or an interview.
The assessment centre is a half-day activity session which incorporates a:
- Welcome session
- Group activity
- Individual interview with your selected Service Line
- Individual business case activity
- Q&A/Networking session with some of our current graduates
Depending on your location, assessment centres may take place in-person, virtually or in a hybrid model. Applicants who are interstate/overseas at the time of being invited to progress to this stage will be provided with a virtual option to be able to continue participating in the recruitment process.
Our team will finalise offer decisions shortly after the conclusion of your assessment centre and/or final interview.
If you have been successful, a member of our People & Culture team will call you to congratulate you and confirm your offer verbally. You will then receive a formal letter of offer from us via email containing all the details you need to know.
If you have been unsuccessful, a member of our People & Culture team will be in touch via phone call to advise you of our decision and to provide you with the opportunity to gain some feedback.
We are fortunate enough to receive a large volume of applications for our graduate and vacation opportunities each year. We want to ensure every application is assessed individually and fairly so for this reason, assessing each application takes time. We ask for your patience and understanding throughout the application process.
You will always hear back from us regarding the outcome of your application - so if you have not been contacted yet, that means your application is still being considered, and you will hear from our team as soon as possible.
Applications for each office and service line are reviewed at different stages, however, we aim to minimise the wait time for candidates wherever possible. We will keep you updated at each stage of the recruitment process.
Once you have submitted your application, please ensure you regularly monitor your email and check your junk/spam mail settings as further updates regarding your application will be delivered via email.
Need additional support?
We are committed to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible for anyone who wishes to apply. Should you require any adaptations to the recruitment process or need any additional support from us to help you perform at your best, we encourage you to select the option when prompted in your application form. A member of our Early Career Team will then be in touch with you to discuss your preferred method of communication, how we can support you in your application and your individual circumstances.
Alternatively, you can get in contact our Early Careers team at any stage of the recruitment process on 03 8663 6436 or email@example.com.
Grant Thornton has no active opportunities at the moment. See who’s currently hiring with our Job Search!
Our most recent hiring trends